Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Bug and Some Spooks

As I threatened in my previous blog, here is the result of this year's pumpkin carving extravaganza.


Frightening creations aren't they?! This bug is a distant relative of our much less scary bugzilla mascot. I expect these creations, along with the smoke machine and the moans and groans sound effects, will scare all the little kiddies away so that we'll have lots of candies left over for ourselves. Fortunately we had specialized pumpkin carving tools that are very dull so we didn't need to make any claims against our accidental death and dismemberment insurance. I do wonder though what a thumb would be worth. After all, the space bar is very big so you can hit it with either thumb...

I managed to get the changes for 207671 committed. This generalizes the support for attribute access and even allows attributes to be updated. I could imagine that this might be used to support locking and unlocking resources. I hope it's all in good shape in time for next week's M3 build...

We're also starting a discussion about creating a modeling package for all the avid modelers of the world.

I found the article "Empowering the Masses with 'Oslo'" interesting. I thought Eclipse already empowered the masses. Maybe they'll use EMF4NET and make it all EPL? But then again, I ate that yummy looking shiny red apple the nice old lady brought to the door earlier and it seems to be making me a little woozy...

1 comment:

Lynn Gayowski said...

Your pumpkin carving talent sickens me. We tried to go for one with a ZZ Top mustache and it didn't go well. I won't be posting pictures.

Don't worry about that stranger danger apple. My theory is that your body will just throw up what it doesn't need. An "it always works out in time" approach.